These materials are customized for Whatcom County. Please feel free to print and distribute!
- Food and Meal Guide (updated Feb2017)
- Recourses de Comida en Whatcom County (Puesto al día 2/2017)
- How to Apply for Basic Food Benefits Whatcom County Eligibility and information about Basic Food benefits (also known as EBT or Food Stamps), Updated 12/2016.
- Alimentos Básicos Información Condado Whatcom Guía de elegibilidad y solicitud, Actualizado 12/2016.
- Pathway to Financial Stability A Poster of suggested steps to take while on your journey to financial stability.
- January 2016 Financial Resource Guide (Print Version) This is a 15-page booklet full of Whatcom-specific financial resources.
- Gateway to Financial Stability – a workshop designed for human service providers to learn about financial products and service targeted to people with low incomes, and to see what alternatives are available in the community.
- LAW Advocates If you are low-income and live in Whatcom County, you can call to get advice and referral to volunteer legal resources. LAW advocates offers a creditor/debtor clinic by appointment.
- ClearPoint Financial Solutions Seattle A nonprofit credit counseling service. Services cost $35 a month or less for Washington residents.
- Apprisen in Renton A great resource for financial counseling and other services.
- Opportunity Council Community Resource Directory listing of community agencies and services in Whatcom County.
- Play games!
- Washington Law Help An interactive website for low-income people to find solutions to civil legal problems.
- National Foundation for Credit Counseling Free counseling for credit and debt online or over the phone.
- Bankrate compare credit card rates, mortgage rates, CD rates, etc.
- Hope and Power Publication written to help survivors of domestic violence regain control of their financial lives and begin to build a better future for themselves and their children.
- Making Home Affordable Program is a comprehensive plan to stabilize the U.S. housing market by helping homeowners get mortgage relief and avoid foreclosure.
- National Mortgage Settlement is largest consumer financial protection settlement in US history.
- Washington State Housing Finance Commission to get information about homeownership in Washington State.
- CheckMyNPV.com is designed to assist homeowners in conducting a net present value (NPV) evaluation of their mortgage for the Home Affordable Modification Program (HAMP).