- Wall Street Firms Become Landlords (Los Angeles Times)
- Paid via Card, Workers Feel Sting of Fees
- Student Loan Rates Set to Double on July 1
- Nearly Half of American Households are 1 Emergency Away from Financial Disaster
- How to Make Sure Your Kids Are Good With Money
Upcoming Asset Building Legislation
- Financial Security Credit Act 2013: A bill to encourage a greater personal savings and financial security by incentivizing savings by low- and moderate-income earners at tax time (introduced on August 1, 2013).
- HB 1173: Expanding K-12 Financial Education: The Washington Asset Building Coalition has taken the lead on this issue during the 2013 legislative session and has had great success to date. The bill has passed both the House and the Senate Education Committee (March 28).
- Low income tax preparation
- Bank On offers second chance accounts
- Bank On (Bellingham Business Journal)